The Dad and I had a chance to take a super-quick weekend trip to Provo the second weekend in October for BYU's Homecoming and the 10-year reunion for my MPA program. A big, huge thank you to my parents & friends who made it possible for us to be gone from our kids.
When we first arrived, we checked into our hotel, got ready for the reunion and went up to campus. We had fun exploring the bookstore & the new addition of the Tanner Building - AMAZING!
We got to the dinner a little early to help set up and be there to greet my former classmates as they arrived. I thought the whole evening was fantastic. Lots of old friends came and once we were all together, it hardly seemed as if any time had passed. We also got to see some of our former professors, and that was such a treat. My friend put together a wonderful slide show, the food was great and it was SO goo to catch up with everyone!
The next morning, we got up a little early and headed over to campus for the pancake breakfast - BLUE pancakes, of course. We hung out with my former classmate Jason & his family and waited for the Homecoming Parade to start. It was great to see the band, cheerleaders, athletes and other campus clubs represented. After the parade, we had lunch at J Dawgs, which I swear was one of the best hot dogs I've ever eaten. YUM! We went back to our hotel for a little nap & to get ready for the big game.
We enjoyed a tailgate activity at the Hinckley Alumni Center (that building is incredible - it was meant to be there!) and then we walked over to the stadium. We got there plenty early and had fun walking around the stadium, watching the players & cheerleaders warm up.
Just before the game started, we found our seats. It was so exhilarating to be in the stadium, hear the fans, the band and sing the fight song. The game was tense at times, but luckily the Cougars won! We also loved seeing the sunset reflected on Y Mountain. Gorgeous!
We ate a quick dinner close to campus and called it a night. We were beat!
Being in Provo brought back so many memories. This weekend was the most time I've spent on campus since I graduated. As we drove around Provo & campus, every corner seemed to hold a memory of my time at BYU. I feel incredibly blessed to call myself a BYU Alumni. I realize what a privilege I enjoyed going to school there. And it was great to share this whole weekend with my sweet husband!



3 comments:
I love BYU too!
What a wonderful weekend!! So fun from everything to the pre-game activities to the nap before the game! Love all of your cute pictures. :)
Love going back to BYU campus as well. Have you ever done Education week? I highly recommend it!
Post a Comment