It's time to catch up the blog a little. I won't post a ton of pics...
We had a fun summer. I had a chance to go to Girl's Camp with the wonderful Young Women & leaders of the Concord Stake. We go to Rucker Lake each year and it's a beautiful site! We had a wonderful, Spirit-filled week. It was hard to be away from my family all week. My wonderful mother-in-law came to town to help us with the kids while I was gone. I know it was a tough transition for the Buddy, but by the end of the week, everyone was fine.
Right after camp, we left for our family reunion with the Dad's family in Missouri. It was super hot & humid, but it was fun to have everyone together. The cousins were great with the Buddy, especially Ryan. The Princess had so much fun playing with all of the cousins. There were babies to hold and lots of yummy food. The one downside was our kids got the stomach flu for a day or two. I felt so badly for them to miss out on cousin fun. At one point, the Princess asked if we could go home! It's no fun being sick away from your own house & bed. They bounced back though. We swam & swam in the pond, the kids went down the zip line, and I went for morning walks with my sisters-in-law.
Once we got home, we still had a few weeks left of summer. We visited some of our favorite places - riding the Ferry to San Francisco & eating at Bubba Gump's; going to the Jelly Belly Factory; more time spent at Discovery Kingdom,; and lots of swimming!
And now we're off to a great start in the school year. The Buddy is in 3rd grade and the Princess is in 1st grade. They have wonderful teachers and we've settled into a schedule. The Buddy started Cub Scouts and still enjoys his piano & swim lessons. The Princess love everything about school and still enjoys gymnastics.
Things for the Dad are a little stressful. Facing some major stress & potential changes at work has prompted him to seriously look for a new job. He has been reaching out to his contacts, sending out resumes and interviewing. we have faith something will work out. He also has a new assignment at church - he was called to our bishopric a few weeks ago. He is excited to serve with our new bishop.
I've enjoyed the flexibility in my schedule that has come with the kids being in school all day. I've enjoyed taking a Zumba class once a week at the gym. I'm starting to help out in the kids' classes & schools. My calling with the Young Women in our stake never stops being busy, but I love it and I feel blessed to serve with these amazing youth and with a stake president and other leaders that love them so very much.
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment