Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh, Oh, Oh, Broccoli, Oh!



Tonight we had a momentous occasion at our house - the Buddy ate a piece of broccoli! This is the first green vegetable he has eaten since he was a baby eating the pureed baby foods. Every other attempt to get him to eat a vegetable has been met with gagging - no matter what bribe we used.

Tonight, we steamed some cauliflower & broccoli and the Dad put it in a bowl on the table. We knew the Princess would eat some because she has taste buds that are enviable in someone her age. The Buddy looked over at the bowl, said "broccoli" and picked up a piece. The Dad and I then stared in disbelief as he ate the piece, little bites at a time, without gagging and without spitting any of it out! We hope this is the start of something good! Maybe the hundreds of time he watched Miles from Sesame Street singing about broccoli have finally sunk in!

2 comments:

The Mason Family said...

I am so proud of the BUddy!!! Hooray!! More broccoli please!!!

Sistahood said...

Woohoo! GO SPENCER!!!! I'm impressed. You didn't have to drown it in cheese or anything for him to eat it. I'm still trying to get Kenta to eat broccoli...j/k.