Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Secret Ingredient

I made this fudge the other night (sorry, no picture) and I thought it turned out great. My dad, ever the chocolate connoisseur, even called to tell me how much he liked it. And, the best part: only 4 main ingredients and could all be done in the microwave. So here is the recipe:

Microwave Marshmallow Fudge
1 can (16 oz.) chocolate frosting
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup miniature marshmallows

Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with butter; set aside. In a microwave, melt frosting & chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Transfer to prepared pan. Cover & refrigerate until firm.

Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut into 1-in. squares.. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.

It makes a fudge that sets really well and has a darker chocolate taste. I think it's a keeper!

1 comment:

jhoopes said...

Sounds yummy, looks simple--maybe there's hope for fudge and me!! :) Thanks for sharing.