Sunday, January 17, 2010

10 Years

I stole the idea for this post from my friend Jill. This new year marks the start of a new decade and gave me some pause to reflect on the last 10 years.

Some of our favorite things from the last 10 years:
  • 2 trips to Hawaii
  • Going to the 2002 Olympics
  • DVRs
  • iPod's
  • Digital cameras
  • Facebook
It feels like a long time when I think of where we were in 2000.
10 years ago:
  • We were still students at BYU - close to graduating though!
  • Still living in Provo.
  • No kids yet.
  • I wore overalls.
  • We didn't know anything about autism.
  • Neither of us owned cell phones.
  • We bought our Subaru, which we still own.

In 10 years:

  • The Dad will be 45 and I will be 43!
  • The Buddy will be 17 - and who know what that will look like for him. He will make so much progress in that time!
  • The Princess will be 14 - yikes!

And so many unknowns - will we have more children, will we still live in this house, the Bay Area, in CA? The last 10 years have been filled with many challenges, but tremendous blessings. I know that's what lies ahead of us as well.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

ooo - I like this! 2000 seems like yesterday (that's an old person comment).

jhoopes said...

It's kinda crazy when you start looking back and then ahead, huh?!!? Great lists. :)