Sunday, February 7, 2010

A New Opportunity

This week I received a new calling, or assignment, at Church. I've been asked to be the first counselor in the Stake Young Women Presidency. I am humbled at this opportunity to serve, but I am also so excited to serve the Young Women again. At Church, I have never turned down a opportunity to serve, no matter how big or small it seems, because there has been something for me to learn with each opportunity. I have had some sweet experiences this week as this calling was extended to me, promptings of the Spirit that prepared me for what was coming, feeling God's love for me & my family and knowing that even though this is a busy assignment, He is aware of our needs & situation.

In general, I feel like our family is enjoying a little sunshine in the middle of life's storms that sometimes come our way. The Buddy is making some amazing progress and with this new therapy & skills we're learning, the effects of his autism seem less frustrating. The Dad's job is going well and we feel so grateful for how well it provides for our family - we realize how truly blessed we are. I feel like he & I are working well together as partners to lead our family. And we have been trying to refinance our house for the last year - long story - and we didn't think it would happen because of the market conditions. We have worked hard over the last year to pay down our mortgage a little to put us in a better position. Just over the last few weeks it is looking like we'll be able to refinance. I know that we often learn the best lessons in the middle of the trials & storms that come our way, but I am grateful for this little burst of sunshine and the chance it give us to reflect on our blessings, the lessons we have learned over the last year or so, and see how far we've come.

3 comments:

amjatm said...

Congrats on your calling. I loved serving in the YW as well (even though I think it is quite busy, at least on the ward level). I also feel it is a privilege to serve and also show gratitude for the blessings we receive.

Angie said...

Oh, wow. That's awesome. I'm sure you'll do great!

jhoopes said...

Thanks for the thoughtful post. Glad to hear of your bursts of sunshine and how you can really appreciate them. :)