Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rock On!


All set: Becky, Kim, Tyra, Sabrina & me.
In February, I got together with some of my best girlfriends to go see the Bon Jovi concert. We also celebrated my friend Sabrina's b-day that night. What a fun night with great friends.

When I was in college, I worked at the MTC Cafeteria with some really fun people. One of them was my friend Melody. She often gave me a ride home from work and we hung out together a lot too. She was a HUGE Bon Jovi fan, so their music was often playing in her car. I had listened to them before, but became a bigger fan after hanging out with her.

When I heard the band was coming to the Bay Area, I started talking to my girlfriends to see who was interested in going. To my pleasant surprise, most everyone wanted to go. It was fun to get dressed up a little for the big night. We had a great dinner & visit before driving down for the concert. The concert was fun, the lyrics were totally corny, we sang & danced along. We also got a kick out of a girl at the end of our row who knew every word to every song, complete with hand motions - she was a die-hard for sure!

Thanks girls for a great night! And thanks to my sweet husband for going in to work a little late the next morning so I could sleep!!


Got our tickets: Me, Kim, Heather, Becky, Tyra & Sabrina

1 comment:

Angie said...

That's sounds like a fun night out. My sister loves Bon Jovi, too.