I found these two videos that help demonstrate the importance of the Temple to Latter-day Saints around the world. I feel very fortunate to live close to the Oakland California Temple. The temple is probably the one place on earth I feel closest to our Father in Heaven and feel the Holy Ghost in great abundance. I'm so grateful for temple blessings that make it possible for my family to be together forever one day.
And for anyone who complains (myself included) about how far we have to go to get to the temple, this video will humble you. All of a sudden, my 30 minute drive to the Oakland Temple, even dealing with the traffic at the Caldecott Tunnel, seems like nothing compared to what these Saints in Africa experienced.
One of my kids' favorite song is "I Love to See the Temple." I'm so glad they like that song and they get excited when we do drive by a temple.
I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday to feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God I've learned this truth: a family is forever.
1 comment:
Thanks for those videos. The one about the Saints in Africa reminded me of the people in Peru when I was in the jungle in Iquitos. The only way to get to the Lima temple was by plane (VERY expensive) or by boat and bus. Since most people couldn't fly, they traveled about a week on a boat, then rode on a bus for 3 days - just to get TO the temple. What a sacrifice. And to think we ever complained about driving 3 hours to Dallas. Thanks again for the beautiful temple message. I love to see the temple, too!
Post a Comment