Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bay Cruise

For the Dad's birthday, I surprised him with a lunchtime bay cruise on a Hornblower boat. We had a great time and it was fun to play tourist in our home city for a few hours. The weather all week had been hot and nice, so we expected the weather on the Bay to be clear and nice. Instead, in true SF fashion, it was foggy and windy and cool. A front had come in! We still had a great time - and it wouldn't really be a SF day without some fog, right? We enjoyed a lovely lunch buffet - I wish I'd taken a picture of that! We were stuffed - I think we only had cereal for dinner later. There was a great entertainer playing the piano and singing. He was also our tour guide, so as we got out near Alcatraz, he started this great tour of the history of the different parts of the Bay we saw. We circled around Alcatraz once and went out to the Golden Gate Bridge via the Marin side of the bay, turned around, and came back along the SF side of the bay. We learned a few things we didn't know. Our pictures are a little foggy and windy, but we still had a great time. It was a fun way to celebrate the Dad's birthday!







3 comments:

jhoopes said...

How fun! The pictures are awesome! You both look great, too. Wouldn't be as authentic without the typical weather, right?!

Connie said...

Looks beautiful and freezing!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm convinced that Alcatraz is the coldest place ever - througout the year. I love your coat and you guys look like it was fun!