Monday, October 19, 2009

Walnut Festival

I've really been slacking lately! We went to the Walnut Festival at the end of September. It's a local fair in a near-by town. The night before the fair officially starts, they do this awesome night for families of kids with special needs. This was our third time going and we love it every year. They provide dinner & access to most of the rides for FREE to all these families. It's so great to have a night where we feel like a "normal" family and can enjoy the fair without the lines & crowds. This is not an activity we would attempt otherwise. We always run into other families we know and I really enjoy seeing all the kids & families having so much fun together. This year, our kids loved the big slide. I think they went down a dozen times! The Princess wanted to do the tea cups (no picture), and she was bummed she was too small (STILL!) for the bumper cars - maybe next year. The also loved the spinning dinosaurs & the car. So much fun!















2 comments:

Schell Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Angie said...

That looks like lots of fun. How great of them to that for families with special needs. I'm afraid I'm getting burned out on taking all of my kids to stuff like that. (My poor younger kids are really getting the short end of the deal.) Those are the things that make great memories, though.