A few weeks ago, we went down to Tehachapi for the missionary farewell of our good friend Jonathon. I first met his family 17 years ago when he was just 2. His parents had just been baptized and joined the LDS Church. Our families became fast friends. My sister and I used to babysit a lot for Jonathon & his little sister, Amy. I love his parents - they have been great confidants over the years. Our families have always been close. We have watched Jonathon & Amy grow up to be great young adults and their family later added little brother, Nicholas. Their family came to my kids' baby blessings. We've hung out at their house on our way to LA. They are as close as family to us.
Me & Jonathon - all grown up!
So it was such a treat to go down for Jonathon's farewell and see this sweet young man all ready to go on his mission (to Scotland, speaking Chinese - YUP!). He is going to be a great missionary! And so begins the ripple effect. His parents are converts to the Church. He helped reactivate his grandparents. And now Jonathon is the first missionary in his family. I am so excited to think of all the people who will be taught and influenced by Jonathon. And all of that is possible because of his parents' decision to join the Church.
1 comment:
That is powerful. And such a good thing to think about. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment