Sunday, June 6, 2010

Concerning Faith

I've been learning a lot about faith lately. I know I have a deep, abiding faith in our Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ, God' great plan for our happiness and many other gospel principles. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel because everything else hinges on that. I've also thought about how people lose their faith. I always have a desire to strengthen my faith. So here are a few things I learned this week:
  • Faith in the Savior require more than mere belief...true faith requires work.
  • Faith grows by keeping the commandments.
  • Miracles do not produce faith but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness.
  • The central purpose of all scripture is to fill our souls with faith in God the Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful for these little pearls of knowledge I have received this week that give me guidance on how I can strengthen my faith.

No comments: