Here is the Buddy & the Princess on the Buddy's last day of school - June 14th. He was only in school for half a day, so the Princess and I found ourselves back down at the school shortly after dropping him off. His teacher, Miss H., had arranged for a little party. The kids enjoyed pizza, juice and other treats. We got to see their circle time. She had a certificate prepared for each of the students in her class. And then it was time to say good-bye.
I found myself feeling sad and tearing up when it was time to say good-bye. The Buddy has been in her class for two years, with many of the same aides. She has been an outstanding teacher for him and he has made SO much progress while in her class. We're hoping he gets to stay at the same school in the fall. The news we've heard from the district is that they want to create a 2/3 autism class at the school that the Buddy and several classmates would move to - a teacher still needs to be hired though. I think the uncertainty of next year added to the sadness I felt on the last day this year. We have always been so blessed by the teachers and aides the Buddy has had, and we just have to trust that he will continue to be well-card for in the future. At the very least, the Princess and I can go see Miss H. and say hi in the fall!
1 comment:
I can't say it enough: your Spencer is one handsome little dude!
Post a Comment