Sunday, September 12, 2010

Last Day of Summer


I liked to call this summer "The Summer That Never Was".  Through most of the summer, our temperatures never rose above 80.  We froze at the Princess's birthday party.  We froze in the swimming pool.  We usually like to pencil in some beach days during the summer and ever time our beach time cam up, it was always too cold to go out to the beach.  Finally, the week school was to start, our weather really warmed up.  I decided to take the kids to the beach on what would be our last day of summer.  I was a little nervous to take the kids by myself, so I called in some reinforcements.  I invited our summer babysitter Florencia - who was THE BEST babysitter - and she brought along her younger sister Natalia - also a GREAT sitter -  & her younger brother Sebastian.  We drove to Half Moon Bay and spent several hours at the beach.  Florencia was my navigator.  All the kids played in the water.  Florencia & Sebastian took The Princess for a walk.  The Princess had so much fun looking for sea shells.  The Buddy spent house jumping in the waves.  It was the PERFECT way to end the summer!

No comments: