We converted to a pre-lit (LOVE THAT), fake tree a couple of years ago and I don't think we'll ever go back! I do miss the Christmas tree smell, but it's so easy to put up and take down. After Sunday dinner, we came home and I got out the Christmas ornaments. The Dad and I have had a tradition since before we were married of buying ornaments from places we visit. I also attend "The Nutcracker" ballet every year with the girls in my family and I have collected quite a few Nutcracker ornaments from their amazing shop. So, our tree doesn't look professionally done, but it's filled with memories.
This was also the first year we had the kids help decorate and they really got into it. I was actually surprised at how interested the Buddy was. I couldn't pull the ornaments out of the box quickly enough! Of course they tended to clump the ornaments in one spot and hang several on one branch, but that's part of the charm of a family tree. Here's some of our pictures:
4 comments:
Your tree is so pretty! This is our 2nd year with a pre-lit fake, and I miss the smell a lot! I finally found a great candle that stinks the whole house up just like a Christmas tree, so that helps a bunch.
Your tree totally looks profesh to me. I'm happy to see you are all well, and I hope your Christmas is wonderful!
Awwww..what a sweet Christmas tradition. I love to see my siblings starting traditions of their own with their families. Merry Christmas!
Just get a candle and call it good - we'll never go back to a real tree, it's not worth it!
Post a Comment