Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Princess & Santa

We had our Christmas party at Church Friday night. I had told the Princess that Santa might come to the party - and she was so excited, she talked about it the rest of the day to whomever we saw. Santa was the last guest at the party, at it was at least an hour past the kids' bedtimes when he arrived. I told the Dad we had to stay for Santa though because she had been talking about it all day. When Santa came out though, she got a little nervous. I recruited a teenage girl that has babysat for us several times, to get in line with the Princess. At one point, she looked at me and said, "Sis. Michaelsen, I don't think she wants to see him". I said, "Just try!" When it was their turn, she put the Princess on Santa's lap and she even cracked a smile! I don't think she talked to him very much, but I loved her smile. She talked about it the rest of the way home! She still says she wants Santa to bring her a present with a bow on it!

2 comments:

Tom Martin said...

Unfortunitly we live in a ward that doesn't do the Santa thing, and I refuse to pay to have my kids sit on some guys lap. So our kids for the past couple of years have had to settle at looking at the Mall Santa. Oh well. I love the picture.

Schell Family said...

Those pics are precious! ANd...how easy is a present with a bow on it :)?