Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Weekend Fun

We had a really fun Memorial Weekend. We had wanted to try to get away, but opted instead for a "stay-cation" and take advantage of things close-by we already had memberships to, and limit the house projects for the weekend.

Before our family time began, I had a chance to get away for a night with my fabulous girlfriends. It was our friend Becky's birthday and we went up to Vacaville to shop at the outlets and have a night away. At dinner, Becky was serenaded by a mariachi band! I have so much fun with those girls!



We went to the California Academy of Sciences and a BBQ on Saturday. Sunday, we had dinner with my family after church. Monday, we went to the Oakland Zoo - always a favorite spot of ours. Later that night, the Dad & I had a date to see the new Star Trek movie. It was a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a fun weekend - and you didn't have to pack or unpack!

Lynette said...

Great picture with Matt and the kids. Sounds like a great weekend.