Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Princess Birthday


As I said earlier, when the Princess's birthday finally arrived, she was so excited! She woke up and came running out of her room to tell us she was 4!. I fixed her a waffle with "cream" for breakfast. After the Buddy left for school, we headed out to swim lessons. After her lesson, and a trip to Costco, my mom came by to bring the Princess this tent:


She's not excited or anything?!? It is as huge as it looks, but she loves it. We left it up for a day and now bring it our for special play dates. She had a little nap and then was off to her new gymnastics class.

Later that evening, we met up with the Dad, the Buddy, Hayden & Melissa, and my mom at one of our favorite spots to celebrate - the San Francisco Creamery! Luckily I had called ahead to make a reservation because otherwise they wouldn't have let us in.

When we got there, we found out that an episode of "Man vs. Food" was being filmed and big surprise, they were running behind schedule. They were suppose to be done at 5, our reservation was at 5:30, and when we arrived, they really hadn't started. I flagged down an employee, pointed to my name in their reservation book, explained it was my daughter's birthday, and they found us a table in the back.

We finally ordered our dinner, and the Princess opened a few presents while we waited for our food. While we were eating, the challenge started and all these people crowded around a table near the front, and they were clapping and cheering, "Go, Adam, go!" because of course now, it was time to start filming. We ordered ice cream after dinner, but we couldn't even sing "Happy Birthday" because it was so loud. The Buddy was a champ with all the noise. The Princess had a fun time, but I wish they had told me what was going on when I called. We usually have such a great time there, and while they still accommodated us, I think all the adults left feeling a little frazzled. My brother, the foodie, was secretly enjoying seeing this challenge go down. I think that would be his dream job!

Opening bracelets from Nana


Her Jasmine doll!

Taking a bite of her birthday dinner - chicken nuggets!


Coloring while we wait for our food.


The Sunday after her birthday, we celebrate with all of my family, and we were finally able to sing the Birthday Song - except my camera memory runs out just as she's about to blow out the candle:

No comments: