Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Love to See (My Dad at) the Temple


My mom has been working at the Oakland Temple for about 8 years now. She loves it. In the last year or two, my dad also started working at the temple. They usually work Friday evenings, though once in a while their schedules are different. The Dad and I went to the Oakland Temple Friday night with our ward friends and my dad happened to be working that night. We got to see him a lot while we were in the temple and I was able to give him a hug as we left for the evening. I really love seeing my parents at the temple, but especially my dad. My dad joined the LDS church about 17 years ago. I was 15 when he was baptized and it was something that, for a while, I didn't think would happen. His baptism was a special day for our whole family, only to be surpassed a year later when our family was sealed in the Los Angeles Temple. Since that time, my dad has been on fire with the gospel, learning everything he can. He has willingly served in whatever capacity he has been asked and often goes the second mile. I always love hearing him speak in church or bear his testimony because I can still so clearly remember when he gained his testimony. So, whenever I see my dad in the temple, dressed in white with a big smile on his face, all of those memories come back to me and I feel so happy. His testimony & faith are an inspiration to me.
I am so glad my parents love working in the Oakland Temple. They are a great example to me!

3 comments:

jhoopes said...

That is really, really cool. And I love your beautiful picture of the Oakland temple.

Sistahood said...

That's supercool, Hannah! You have such great parents. I love to see people at the temple that I haven't expected to see there the same time as me. And when it's a family member, it's even better!

Tom Martin said...

You know, we lived in Fresno for 7+ years and I never went to the Oakland Temple. We had our own, so we never made time to go over to it. Now that we live on the otherside of the country I regret not making a trip. SF is one of my favorite cities, beside SD of course.