Monday, July 14, 2008

Our San Diego Trip

Over the 4th of July weekend, our family went with my parents and my sis & her husband down to San Diego. This was our big summer vacation and we had a blast. My family lived in the San Diego area for several years while I was in jr. high and high school, so San Diego really feels like home to me. We spent a lot of time at the beach, went to the San Diego Zoo, the Corvette Diner, spent more time at the beach, and ended our visit with our good friends the Schells. The Princess really had fun playing with their little girls, especially Molly. The video of the two of them is a crack up! The Buddy LOVED the beach - I cannot overemphasize this. He asked to go at the start of every day and would have stayed there all day long if allowed. He loved splashing in the waves. The Princess also had a lot of fun, especially with my cousins' kids, who we were at the beach with on the 4th. Oh, we also participated in a cute little neighborhood parade through my aunt's neighborhood in La Jolla - it's the kind of parade where everyone is in it - the kids decorate their bikes & scooters. It was a lot of fun! I'm already trying to figure out when we can go back. Here are some highlights:




Here's the Princess & Molly Schell: this video is a scream!

4 comments:

Schell Family said...

SO cute! Don't know what was up with the screaming girls, but they sure had fun :)!

Don't you love the slideshow tool? I've been having a blast with it!

Have a great day!

Lynette said...

That looks like so much fun. I love San Diego. And I agree with Buddy, the beaches there are the best!

SLGlass76 said...

Thanks so much for the invitation to your blog - it is great to see all that you have been up to. I'm sorry we missed you while you were in town - maybe next time (I do love the screaming video SO much, though). -Stephanie

SLGlass76 said...

Just one more thing - I read an older post about Costco - I TOTALLY understand! So frustrating!