Friday, July 25, 2008

The Princess's Special Birthday Dress



Grandma Michaelsen made the Princess the most amazing dress for her birthday. This is one talented Grandma, who has also made several of her daughters' wedding dresses. She made this one and another little sundress with cupcakes & lollipops on it for the Princess's birthday. I had promised her I would have the Princesswear the dress when I took her to JC Penney for pictures just after her birthday. Well, those pictures never happened. We got to the picture studio, put on the dress, and then the Princess wanted NOTHING to do with taking pictures that day. No matter how much the photographer tried to engage her and make her smile, it was not going to happen! She wouldn't even let go of my leg or hand! Soon, her eyes were all red from starting to cry and she was saying "all done!". Sorry Grandma Michaelsen! So, last Sunday, I had the Princess wear the dress to church and then she was fine with me snapping a few candid shots in our front yard when we got home. It's a beautiful dress and it looks so cute on her!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That's a beautiful dress for a beautiful girl. How lucky to have such a talented grandma.

Sistahood said...

What would Mom do without little girls to sew for? Sydney is such a cutie-pie - definitely 110% princess!