Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun in Folsom



A few weeks ago, I had a weekend away to visit my good friend Nicole and her sweet family in Folsom. Nicole and I became friends 11 years ago when we were both interns in BYU's Washington Seminar program. We enjoyed sightseeing together and hanging out in our nation's capital. We continued to stay in touch and get together now and then when we both returned to BYU. After we all graduated in 2000, she moved to Portland & the Dad and I came to the Bay Area. The last time I saw her was 8 years ago when I was in her wedding. Over the last 8 years, we've had 5 kids between the two of us, and she and her family have moved a lot - finally landing in Folsom last year. It was so great to be able to see her and her family. Nicole is a very intelligent woman (her major at BYU was chemical engineering!), but she is also completely devoted to her family and the gospel. She's a great example to me. She is also one of those great friends that even though you don't see them or talk to them often, when you do get together, you just pick right up where you left off.

1 comment:

Sistahood said...

Whoa! It's been ELEVEN years since you were in DC? I remember Matt getting into trouble for running up the phone bill that semester. Time flies.