Monday, October 27, 2008

A Little Early Halloween Fun

Over the weekend we attended two Halloween parties. The first was Friday night and it was adults only. This caused me some major stress when we first received the invite because the Dad and I NEVER dress up for Halloween. We had to come up with something (that wasn't too expensive, and wasn't from a fairy tale) because costumes were required at this party. So, we went as a Queen Bee & a Worker Bee. I think it turned out okay. There were two couples that showed up to this party as John McCain & Sarah Palin - that was too funny!
Saturday night was our church Halloween Carnival. It started with a Trunk-or-Treat. This is a great activity to let the kids go trick-or-treating in the safety of the church parking lot. People open up the trunks of their cars/vans and decorate them and pass out candy to the kids. The Buddy & the Princess ended up with so much candy, we're contemplating if they really need to go out on Halloween - they probably will, but just to a few houses. After the Trunk-or-Treat, the kids could play carnival games and jump in a bounce house (the Buddy's favorite thing there!). We had a super nutritious dinner of hot dogs & nachos. The kids had so much fun and it was great to visit with family & friends while we were there.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Super Cute. Love the Queen and Worker Bees!

Unknown said...

You & Matt are so cute! Very creative. :)

Elizabeth said...

Really cute, Hannah! I think I would stress over wearing a costume too! You did great, though!! Your kids look so cute! (I don't know, maybe this is bad, but we alway recycle candy--who needs to buy candy to pass out, when you have too much in your house already???)

HMichaelsen said...

We've recycled in the past, too. This year & last year, we passed out play doh, and I was surprised how excited even the older kids were about it.

Connie said...

Cute costumes! Very creative idea!

Lynette said...

Great costumes. The kids are adorable. You did a great job with the bee costumes--so creative!